- Health, Wellness & Sports
- Equality Directory
As we complete the annual independent audit from last fiscal year and the review the reports for the beginning quarter of this year, some of the overall facts are startling:
1. The Center has seen a tremendous increase in people coming to The Center for support, for services and to connect to our community. Every month our front desk staff and volunteers handle more than 2,000 walk-ins or calls for information and help! And today, more than 3,000 people a month are offered services and support at The Center!
2. The Center has more active volunteers than in any year in The Center’s history! 650 incredible community members volunteer to help with everything from envelope stuffing, to the Hillcrest Youth Center, Senior Services, Family Matters, the David Bohnett Cyber Center, our front desk, and on and on. Volunteers are the lifeblood of The Center and have helped to make a huge difference in this last year!
3. The Center has had more donors giving to The Center than in any previous year! While in the middle of these difficult economic times, people are able to give fewer dollars; more people than ever have given what they could. The commitment to services for our most vulnerable in our San Diego community continues to amaze and inspire me. Every dollar and every monthly commitment of $25 has made such a huge difference in the last year!
4. The Center has continued to offer its more than 40 programs and services to community members, dedicating more than 80 cents of every dollar donated directly to program services!
Thank you to every person, organization and family who continues to make Center services possible!
Dr. Delores A. Jacobs
Chief Executive Officer
The San Diego LGBT Community Center