- Health, Wellness & Sports
- Equality Directory
WASHINGTON – The Global Forum on MSM & HIV (MSMGF) will hold its fifth biennial pre-conference to the International AIDS Conference on Saturday, July 21, to assess the current state of the global HIV epidemic and response among gay men, other men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender people.
Titled “From Stigma to STRENGTH: Strategies for MSM, Transgender People and Allies in a Changing AIDS Landscape,” the full-day event will feature the latest developments in HIV prevention, treatment, research, policy and advocacy concerning MSM and transgender people around the world.
Speakers will include:
- U.S. Rep. Barbara Lee
- The Honorable Michael Kirby, former High Court judge in Australia
- Dr. Kevin Fenton, director, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention (CDC)
- Dr. Mandeep Dhaliwal, cluster leader: Human Rights, Gender & Sexual Diversities (UNDP)
- Dr. Tonya Nyagiro, senior specialist: Gender, Key Populations & Human Rights (Global Fund)
- Ernest Massiah, director, UNAIDS Caribbean Regional Support Team
- Dr. Rafael Mazin, senior advisor on HIV, STI and Hepatitis, Pan-American Health Organization (WHO)
- Francis Kaikumba, CEO, African Health Policy Network
- Thomas Cai, director, AIDS Care China
- Maurice Tomlinson, legal advisor, Marginalized Groups, AIDS-Free World
- Earl Fowlkes, president, International Federation of Black Prides
- Mauro Cabral, co-director, GATE - Global Action for Trans* Equality
- Dr. Robert Grant, senior investigator and professor of medicine, Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, UCSF
- Dr. Ian McGowan, professor of medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
The full program is available HERE.