- Health, Wellness & Sports
- Equality Directory
OCEANSIDE — The San Diego Humane Society and SPCA today is reopening Oceanside’s only off-leash dog park after closing for a month to make substantial renovations.
Thanks to the generous support of PETCO and the PETCO Foundation, the San Diego Humane Society designed the new dog park to provide a positive, fun, healthy and educational location where people and their dogs can enjoy spending quality time together.
“Supporting the animal-loving community is an integral part of our overall mission,” said Renee Harris, executive vice president of the San Diego Humane Society. “Beyond the adoption of animals, the vision of the Humane Society is to provide a range of opportunities for the community to enjoy their companion animals and to experience that special connection called the human-animal bond.”
The newly renovated dog park’s new and enhanced features include:
· Astroturf play yards in both large and small dog parks
· Informative and educational signage throughout the park
· Attractive "sitting walls" in large park
· Easy access walkways around the park
· New gazebo-covered areas
· Doggie drinking fountains in each park, including K9 memorial fountain
· Attractive, dog-friendly landscaping
· And other amenities including portable restrooms
The dog park at 2905 San Luis Rey Road in Oceanside is open seven days a week from 7 am to 7 pm for people and their well-mannered dogs to enjoy.